Meeting notes are available online.
USGS, Menlo Park
Meeting the Challenge of the Loma Prieta Earthquake—20 Years Later
- Challenge of the Loma Prieta Earthquake—20 Years Later
- Jack Boatwright, USGS & Bay Area Earthquake Alliance Co-Chair
- How has the Bay Area Reduced our Earthquake Risk in the 20 Years Since the Loma Prieta Earthquake?
- Marko Schotanus, Rutherford & Chekene
- The Role of the Red Cross Following 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake
- Bill O’Callahan, Former Red Cross Manager and Jean Nickaloff, Chief Programming Officer
Jean Nickaloff’s career spans over thirty years of experience in emergency management. Jean is currently the Chief Program Officer for the American Red Cross where she administers all the programs and services in the six county Bay Area, serving over 4.5 million residents. Programs include Disaster Response & Readiness, First Aid & CPR training, Aquatics Training, Community Disaster Preparedness Training, Youth Services, Armed Forces Emergency Services and International Services.
In addition to numerous relief operations in the Bay Area, Jean has directed disaster relief operations around the county including floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, aviation disasters, wildfires, and winter storms.
During the past 15 years she has been developing personnel, material and partner resources to increase the Red Cross capacity to respond to major disasters in the Bay Area. Due to her persistent efforts, ARCBA has been designated as having the highest level of readiness of any Red Cross Chapter in the country.
Jean has a bachelors degree in Social Work and lives in Alameda, California with her husband and two sons.
- The Women’s Building, Audre Lorde Room May 29, 2013
- EBMUD Board Room September 27, 2012
- The Presidio Golden Gate Club April 24, 2012
- Association of Bay Area Governments, MetroCenter Auditorium June 13, 2011
- Fort Mason Center, Building C, Rm 210 April 19, 2011
- Wente Vineyards Visitor Center November 30, 2010
- EBMUD Board Room July 22, 2010
- San Francisco Public Library—Koret Auditorium March 8, 2010
- The Oakland Scottish Rite Center December 3, 2009
- USGS, Menlo Park September 24, 2009
- USS Hornet in Alameda August 27, 2009
- Romberg Tiburon Center (Bay Conference Center) July 29, 2009
- Doubletree SFO Hotel in Burlingame June 25, 2009
- San Jose Tech Museum of Innovation May 21, 2009
- The Oakland Scottish Rite Center March 19, 2009
- The Presidio Golden Gate Club (Cypress Room) February 19, 2009